THIS WEEK IN SPORTS
Tuesday vs. Logan, 4:30
Tuesday @ Jerome, 4:30 *CANCELLED*
Friday, Saturday – Tony Hansen Tournament
Thursday, JV @ Bear Lake
Friday, V @ SkyView
Tuesday @ Sandcreek, Idaho Falls
You will be taking the SAT tomorrow(Wednesday, April 15). Please be on time and bring the following items with you:
• Your admission ticket
• 2 #2 pencils with good erasers
• Snacks and a drink if you want them
• An acceptable calculator with extra batteries (you can’t use the calculator on your phone or any device that makes noise, can access the internet, take pictures, or record). Check the list on the trophy case to see which room you will be tested in.
FRIDAY SCHOOL WILL BE HELD THIS FRIDAY AND NEXT FRIDAY FROM 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM. PLEASE SIGN UP AT THE OFFICE.
SENIORS, we need your baby picture for the senior slide show. If you want a different senior picture other than the yearbook picture you may submit that also. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn them in to the office. These are needed ASAP!
CONGRATULATIONS TO FFA
Congratulations to the members of the Preston FFA who were recognized at the state FFA leadership conference:
• Emmy Sadler finished 1st in the State Parliamentarian Exam
• Katelynn Palmer was the southeast Idaho star in ag placement
• Jarek Crossley and Becca Smith both received FFA Scholarships
• Riley Moedl, Emmy Sadler, Lottie Roberts, Ashlee Alder, Katelynn Palmer, and Devin Pearce received the State FFA Degree • The Horse evaluation team placed 2nd in the state - Afton Stone was 2nd high individual; other team members included: Savannah Beckstead, Krista Jeppsen, Sydnee Golightly
• The Dairy Cattle evaluation team placed 1st in the Southern Idaho Invitational Contest, Lottie Roberts placed 2nd and Maren Roberts 4th high individual; other team members included Kati Talbot and Riley Moedl.
CONGRATULATIONS TO 2015-16 CHEERLEADERS:
Ellie Rae Otten
There will be a football meeting during the last 15 minutes of lunch on Thursday In the New Gym.
On Friday April 17th, a bus will be going to USU to tour their bioengineering department. We will load the bus at 9:30 and return home at 2:30. Lunch will be provided. Talk to a science teacher if interested. You must sign up to go.
Please bring grad announcements to the office or Ms. Elison-Chang and we will put them in the display cases for everyone to see.
Students sign up for studentbody offices. Petitions are at the office or in Ms. Elison-Chang's classroom. Petitions are due by the end of lunch on Thursday, April 23. There are two new offices so investigate and pick what suits you.
A fundraising program of music, dancing, magic and cycling will be held for the Skyler Broadhead Foundation on Thursday evening, April 16th, at the Worm Creek Theater in Preston beginning at 7:00 PM. This multi-faceted program will feature local performers and will provide an evening of fun and entertainment for the entire family. Tickets are $4 per person and can be purchased at Stokes. Sponsored by the Preston Leo Club.
TODAY'S LUNCH MENU
SLOPPY JOES/ROASTED WEDGES
Chicken Burger/Sun Chips
FOOD CHOICES: Corn, Broccoli Salad, Salad Bar, Mandarin Mix
We bring the announcements and news to you from around the school each and every day. Check back often to keep up on what's happening here at PHS.